Celia. Fifteen. High school sucks. Push the limits.

aseagreensky@gmail.com

See me on chictopia
Follow me on twitter

Saturday, February 13, 2010

LATE ON THIS

I know I'm a little late on this, but I really have to pay my respects to the genius that was Alexander McQueen. He was a true artist, and he will be missed. But I for one feel slightly differently than what seems to be the communal opinion of the fashion world. Many seem to have the sentiment of, "He will never know how much he will be missed." It is my personal opinion that this may have been the reason what happened, happened. There must be a horrible amount of pressure that accompanies the rise of such an icon, and who are we to judge if he simply couldn't handle it? Maybe he couldn't handle the pressure. Or, what I feel to be more likely, is that he simply was overwhelmed by his own success, and the loss of his mother, may she rest in peace as well, pushed him over the edge. Whatever be the case, his amazing abilities and ensuing, sudden death has and will continue to touch us all. Rest In Peace, Alexander McQueen.

No comments:

Post a Comment